- These Terms and Conditions of Entry relate to the POWERADE
Challenge (the Challenge).
HOW TO ENTER
- The Challenge starts at 12:00:00 midnight on Wednesday 1st May and closes at 11:59:59pm on Sunday 30th June
(Challenge Period). Registrations open from 12:01:00 on Monday 8th April and close at
11:59:59pm on Friday 21st June (Registration Period). Registrations received before or after
the Registration Period will not be accepted. Run times for participation in the Challenge completed before or
after the Challenge Period will not be recorded.
- To enter, go to www.powerade.co.nz and register your name, date of birth
and contact details online during the Registration Period. You must accept the terms and conditions during
registration which includes a declaration of fitness to participate in the Challenge, and a release for the
Promoter from all liability in connection with the Challenge and the Prize to the maximum extent permitted by
- You will receive a message on-screen at www.powerade.co.nz to confirm
that your registration has been successfully received, and your name entered into the Challenge. You should
receive an email within five minutes of submitting your registration. From time to time, this may take longer
due to operator traffic which is beyond the Promoter's control.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Challenge website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the
internet service provider or telecommunications provider used.
- Entry into this Challenge requires acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. All elements of the
registration process, including the declaration of fitness to participate and the release, form part of these
Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- You can register for the Challenge only once. Once successfully registered, you are a Challenge
- If you do not already have a 2013 wristband, you will receive a Registration Pack in the post
within seven business days (Monday to Friday) after successfully registering online. This Registration Pack will
include your wristband. This wristband is registered to you only according to the details submitted by you
during the registration.
- If you already have a 2013 wristband, you will need to enter the number on the website as part of the
registration process to activate the band.
- The number of registrations and wristbands bands is strictly limited to 7,000.
- If your wristband band is lost, stolen or damaged, contact 0800 505 123 and your current wristband will be
cancelled and a new wristband assigned to your registered profile, provided there are sufficient wristbands
remaining to allow for replacement. If the wristband limit has been reached, your registration will be
cancelled, except that any existing run times will remain in your profile and on the leaderboard and be eligible
for entry in the weekly prize draw.
- Challenge Participants may run the Challenge an unlimited number of times during the Challenge Period.
- Challenge Participants have the option of running the Challenge in either Auckland or Wellington. Participants
must nominate the course they will run during registration, and all runs will be logged against the course that
the Participant has selected.
EACH RUN = 1 ENTRY IN THE WEEKLY PRIZE DRAW.
- The Challenge is only open to "Eligible Entrants", being individuals who:
- are 16 years or older at the start of the Registration Period;
- are residents of New Zealand at the start of the Registration Period;
- are not employees of the Promoter nor any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated
with this Promotion;
- are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an
employee, and anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion;
- are not a director, shareholder, officer, employee, contractor or agent of any Prize Pack supplier or
retailer participating in the Promotion; and
- are fit, and in adequate physical condition to safely complete the Challenge within the required Time Limit.
- Individuals who do not comply with c, d, e, can participate in the Challenge but cannot win any of the
prizes via the Weekly Draws.
SAFETY AND ETIQUETTE DURING THE CHALLENGE
- All Challenge Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during
their participation in the Challenge. Anyone violating this rule of conduct may be disqualified from the
Challenge at the Promoter's discretion.
- While the Promoter has taken every reasonable measure to ensure Challenge Participants' safety, as a Challenge
Participant, you are responsible for your own safety and enter the Challenge entirely at your own risk
- Challenge Participants are responsible for and assume liability for any and all costs or expenses incurred as a
result of training for and/or participation in the Challenge, including but not limited to medical services,
ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
COURSE TIME DETAILS
- All Challenge Participants are assigned an RFID chip – this is embedded in each wristband, and included in
each Challenge Participant’s Registration Pack.
- Official times for Challenge Participants will be the time recorded via the RFID chip from when the
Challenge Participant swipes their wristband at the vending machine at the starting location to the point
where the Challenge Participant swipes their wristband at the same vending machine at the finishing point.
- Challenge Participants must swipe their wristband at the vending machine at the half-way point in order for
their run time to be recorded.
- The Challenge Time Limit is a minimum of 20 minutes running time, and a maximum of 8 hours
run time. Challenge Participant chip times less or greater than the Time Limit will not be recorded and are
invalid. Such Challenge Participants may have their registration cancelled at the Promoter's discretion.
- Challenge Participants found to be wearing two or more wristbands during the Challenge will be disqualified
and their results will not be recorded.
- Challenge Participants found to be aided or otherwise travelling the course using any means of transport,
including but not limited to car, scooter, skateboard, or similar vehicles will be disqualified and their
results will not be recorded.
- The Prize Packs are:
- Week 1 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and an All Blacks Adidas Training
- Week 2 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE, and a POWERADE Sports Bag
- Week 3 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and an Adidas Rugby Ball signed by the
- Week 4 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and an All Blacks Adidas Media Polo
- Week 5 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and a POWERADE Sports Bag
- Week 6 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and a POWERADE Elite Ball Bag
- Week 7 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and a POWERADE Wheelie Box
- Week 8 – 1 box of 750mL POWERADE and a POWERADE Drinks Barrel
- There are 8 Prize Packs to be won throughout the Challenge Period.
- One completed run on the POWERADE Challenge in either Auckland or Wellington
courses equals one entry in to the relevant weekly draw.
- There will be 8 weekly Prize Pack draws during the Challenge Period (each a Weekly Draw). All Weekly Draws will
be randomly drawn and independently supervised.
- The Weekly Draw periods and their corresponding Draws are
Weekly Draw period starts
Weekly Draw period ends
Weekly Draw held
1 May 2013
7 May 2013
10 May 2013
1 Box of 750ml POWERADE and an All
Blacks Adidas Training Jersey
8 May 2013
14 May 2013
12 May 2013
1 box of 750ml POWERADE and
a POWERADE Sports Bag
15 May 2013
21 May 2013
24 May 2013
1 box of 750ml POWERADE and
an Adidas Rugby Ball signed by the All Blacks
22 May 2013
28 May 2013
31 May 2013
1 box of 750ml POWERADE and
an All Blacks Adidas Media Polo
29 May 2013
4 June 2013
7 June 2013
1 box of 750ml POWERADE and a POWERADE Sports Bag
5 June 2013
11 June 2013
14 June 2013
1 box of 750mL POWERADE and
a POWERADE Elite Ball Bag
12 June 2013
18 June 2013
21 June 2013
1 box of 750ml POWERADE and
a POWERADE Wheelie Box
19 June 2013
25 June 2013
28 June 2013
1 box of 750mL POWERADE and
a POWERADE Drinks Barrel
- Each valid entry received during a Weekly Draw period will be placed in the relevant Weekly Draw. Each Weekly
Draw will be held at 12:00 midnight on the day indicated in the table above. An entry received exactly on the
start of a week will be allocated to the week that is just commencing.
- The first valid entry drawn from Auckland and Wellington participants during each Weekly Draw will be declared a
provisional winner. There will be one Prize Pack awarded per week, across the total pool of eligible
Participants in both Wellington and Auckland. Prize Packs will be awarded to the provisional winner provided
that he/she is the registered Participant who is the user/holder of the internet account each winning entry is
received from, and is confirmed as an Eligible Entrant. No other individual is eligible to claim the Prize Pack.
- The Promoter will attempt to contact each provisional winner for five business days (Monday to Friday) after the
specific Weekly Draw closes, by the email address that he/she used to enter this Promotion. The Promoter is not
responsible for any undelivered emails due to winners SPAM filters or email settings, or for any other reason
due to lack of network coverage, operator or network error, or any other reason beyond the Promoter's control.
If the Promoter is unable to contact any provisional winner of a Prize Pack after a period of five business days
(Monday to Friday) following the original Weekly Draw date, having made reasonable efforts to do so, that
provisional winner’s entry will be declared invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to randomly draw a new
provisional winner of that Prize Pack from the Challenge Participants on the same terms and conditions as the
original Weekly Draw.
- The provisional winner must notify the Promoter of any special needs or requirements he/she has that may impact
on the provisional winner's redemption of the Prize Pack.
- The Promoter reserves the right to draw an alternate winner if the Promoter determines in its sole discretion
that the provisional winner does not comply with these Terms and Conditions of Entry or where the Promoter has
reasonable grounds to believe the provisional winner will not comply with these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Prize Packs are not transferable, nor exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Prior to being declared a winner of a Prize Pack, the Eligible Entrant will be required to declare their status
as an Eligible Entrant in accordance with the requirements of Condition 13.
- The winner takes the Prize Pack entirely at their own risk and the Promoter makes no warranties in relation to
its contents, and disclaims all liability for its use.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of all registrations and entries and
Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to
disqualify any entrant or Challenge Participant who submits an entry or registration that is not in accordance
with these Terms and Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry/registration process. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries or registrations will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Printing errors and other quality control matters will not invalidate an otherwise valid Prize Pack claim.
- Entering details online is not proof of receipt of the registration. When entering online the Challenge
Participant will receive confirmation of the registration via email. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for
any messages that are lost or delayed, or which are unable to be sent due to lack of network coverage, operator
or network error, or for any other reason beyond its control.
- If for any reason the administration, security, fairness, integrity, conduct or operation of this Challenge is
interfered with or disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including but
not limited to act of God; any act of a public enemy, war, civil unrest, or act of military authority; fire,
flood, earthquake, landslide, or other elements of nature; any strike, lockout or other labour dispute; any act
of a third party engaged in terrorist activity or sabotage; vandalism; tampering; power failures; computer bugs
or viruses; unauthorised intervention; fraud or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right, in its
sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant; and/or
- as appropriate, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel; or recommence this Challenge, or any Weekly Draw
(including withholding any Prize Pack).
- If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter any other third party prize supplier is unable
to provide any part of the Prize Pack that they had previously agreed with the Promoter to provide, the Promoter
will use all reasonable endeavours to make alternative arrangements to ensure that the winner receives contents
similar to the original Prize Pack that was allocated to that Weekly Draw.
- Any person suspected of cheating, misrepresenting their registration, or manipulating their results, in the
opinion of the Promoter, through the manipulation of entry to the website or fraudulently falsifying data or
acting in any way fraudulently, in the opinion of the Promoter, may be removed from this Challenge and damages
may be sought.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or
inaccurate transcription of entry information, for system failures at the handling house, or for any human
error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
computer equipment, software or any other error or malfunction. Neither can the Promoter be held responsible for
the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in this Challenge, although the
Promoter will always endeavor to minimise the effect to the participant of any such failure.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its directors, shareholders,
officers, employees, contractors, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and
promotional agencies) its related companies and Coca-Cola Amatil (NZ) Limited (the Related Parties)
exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death, or loss (including any damage,
claim, injury, cost or expense); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of
this Challenge, including the Weekly Draws, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the
- any negligence of a Related Party;
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry, registration, Registration Pack, or Prize Pack claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or
misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter;
- any variation in Registration Pack or Prize Pack value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of
- any tax liability incurred by a Challenge Participant, winner or Eligible Entrant; or
- use of a Registration Pack or Prize Pack.
- All entries remain the property of the Promoter.
- Challenge Participants consent to the Promoter using his/her name, city/town of residence, authorised statement,
image and/or voice, time(s) from participating in the Challenge, on the Challenge website, and in public in any
media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purposes of administering the Challenge, and
promoting the Challenge and any products manufactured, imported, distributed and/or marketed by the Promoter.
Eligible Entrants and Challenge Participants consent to the Promoter using his/her name, city/town of
residence, authorised statement, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film
and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this Challenge (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, imported, distributed
and/or marketed by the Promoter.
- The Promoter collects Challenge Participants' and Eligible Entrants' personal information in order to conduct
this Challenge. If the information requested is not provided, the Challenge Participant and Eligible Entrant may
not participate in this Challenge. All personal information provided by Eligible Entrants and Challenge
Participants will be held for the Promoter at Satellite Media, Level 1, 160 Ponsonby Road, Auckland, 1011, New
Zealand or such other place as is notified to the Challenge Participant or Eligible Entrant on request. The
personal information of Eligible Entrants and Challenge Participants may also be provided to others (including
organisations outside of New Zealand) assisting in the conduct of this Challenge, including the Challenge’s
administrator, agencies and event coordinators, and to authorities that regulate the Challenge. Eligible
Entrants and Challenge Participants acknowledge that they provide their consent for this to occur by
participating in the Challenge. Under the Privacy Act 1993, Eligible Entrants have the right to access and
correct their personal information. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter at the address set out below. The Promoter will destroy all details once the Challenge Period
expires, all Prize Packs have been claimed and this Challenge closes.
- The Promoter reserves its right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Entry at any time for any reason. You
agree that you will be bound by such changes and that you will not hold the Promoter liable for any losses
resulting from any such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions of Entry are governed by, construed in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand and
the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- For further assistance or queries regarding this Promotion please call the Consumer Information Centre on (0800)
- The Promoter is Coca-Cola Oceania Limited, The Oasis, Mt Wellington, Auckland. Entries should
not be sent to this address.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF
CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE