LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES POWERADE PROMOTION
IN ASSOCIATION WITH NEW WORLD SOUTH ISLAND
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- These Terms and Conditions of Entry relate to the London 2012 Olympic Games Powerade promotion in association with New World South Island (the Promotion).
HOW TO ENTER
- Buy any 750mL bottle of Powerade(Promotional Product) from any New World store in the South Island and receive a scratch card from the check out staff. Scratch the card to reveal your 8 digit unique code.
- There will be one scratch card distributed with each Promotional Product purchased during the Promotion Period or until all stocks of the scratch cards have been distributed, whichever comes first.
- To enter text the unique code to ‘556’. Enter using any text capable New Zealand mobile phone (021, 022, 027 or 029). Texts to ‘556’ will incur a standard message cost to the entrant (20c per message on Vodafone and Telecom, 9c on 2degrees).. Texts may not be included by text-inclusive packages - check with your telecommunications provider. Please ensure you have permission of the person who pays the mobile phone account before entering via text. All text costs are at the expense of the entrant.
- Each unique 8 digit code entered equals one entry into the Prize Draw. Your unique code can only be entered once.
- All entries received by text will receive a free confirmation text by return indicating that your text has been successfully received and that your unique code has not previously been entered or is not otherwise invalid. You should receive your confirmation text within five minutes of entering your code. From time to time, this may take longer due to operator traffic which is beyond the Promoter's control.
- The competition starts at 12.01am on 16 July 2012 and closes at 11.59pm on 12 August 2012 (Promotion Period). Entries received before or after the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
- There is 1 x Powerade prize pack (each a Prize) to be won in each New World South Island store.
- There are 39 Prizes in total (one for each of the New World South Island stores).
- Each Prize Pack contains the following Powerade London 2012 Olympic Games branded gear (of substitutable value of $239.94):
- 1x Hoodie
- 1x t-shirt
- 1x long sleeved t-shirt
- 1x cap
- 1x duffle bag
- 1x gym bag
Clothing sizes are unable to be changed. The clothing received with the Prize is not transferable for alternative sizing.
- The Prizes may have been used for display purposes, in the store, and may therefore not be in brand new condition.
- If ‘Free 750mL Powerade’ winning message is revealed under a scratch card panel, please take the card to the New World customer services desk to redeem your prize. There is a 1 in 20 chance of winning based on average odds. This prize is redeemable on or before 9 September 2012.
- The Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Entry into this Promotion deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- This Promotion is only open to Eligible Entrants, being individuals who are (a) not employees and their immediate families, of the Promoter (Coca-Cola Amatil (N.Z) Ltd), Foodstuffs South Island Limited, their respective related companies, its agencies, and anyone else professionally connected with the competition; (b) not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee, and anyone else professionally connected with this competition; and (c) not a director, shareholder, officer, employee, contractor or agent of any Prize Pack supplier participating in the competition. Eligible Entrants must be 14 years or over.
- Each valid entry received during the Promotion Period will be placed in the draw to win the Prize for the New World store from which the relevant Promotional Product was purchased. The Promoter will attempt to contact each Prize winner within two business days (Monday to Friday) after the Prize Draw, on the mobile phone used to enter this Promotion. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within five business days (Monday to Friday) of the draw, having made reasonable efforts to do so, that winner’s entry will be declared invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to randomly draw a new winner of that Prize from the Eligible Entrants on the same terms and conditions as the original prize draw.
- Eligible Entrants may enter a maximum of 5 text entries per day.
- The Prizes will be awarded to the Eligible Entrants provided they are the registered user of the mobile number the winning code was sent from. No other individual is eligible to claim the Prizes.
- Only valid codes will be accepted. All codes are subject to verification. Other manufacturer's references or printing errors do not constitute codes.
- The eventual delivery of SMS text messages to the Promoter is largely dependent on additional parties and the effective functioning of the sender's mobile operator's systems and infrastructure. Consequently, the Promoter will not be liable for non-receipt or late receipt of messages due to issues resulting from services provided by the Eligible Entrant's mobile providers.
- Sending a text message is not proof of receipt of entry. An SMS confirmation will be sent to the Eligible Entrant upon receipt of his/her entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any messages that are lost or delayed, or which are unable to be sent due to lack of network coverage, operator or network error, or for any other reason beyond its control.
- If, for any reason, this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- The Prize winners will be randomly drawn and independently supervised at 12.00pm on 13 August 2012 (the Prize Draw). The owners of the mobile phones whose numbers are successfully drawn and comply with these Terms and Conditions of Entry, will be deemed winners of a Prize.
- Each winner consents to the Promoter providing the third party with his/her name, address and other relevant details to enable the dispatch of a Prize to a winner.
- Each winner will be contacted on the mobile number they have entered from and a postal address will be requested. The winner will be sent a confirmation letter in the mail detailing the Prize and how to collect it. Prizes will be available for collection from the New World store where the winner purchased their winning Promotional Product from providing the winner is able to produce that letter to the store manager, together with proof of identity (e.g. a drivers license).
- In the event of an Eligible Entrant's mobile number changing or the mobile phone being lost, stolen or damaged during the Promotion, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new mobile number.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserve the right to substitute a Prize or any element of a Prize for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original element or Prize, in the event of circumstances outside its control. The Prizes are subject to availability and change.
- Printing errors and other quality control matters will not invalidate an otherwise valid Prize claim.
- Any person suspected of cheating, in the opinion of the Promoter, through the manipulation of entry, creation or use of software to aid in multiple entries and otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting in any way fraudulent will be removed from this Promotion and damages may be sought.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and any person in connection with this Promotion are not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage whatsoever suffered or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with (i) participation in this Promotion; (ii) a Prize or use of a Prize; and (iii) the administration of this Promotion and distribution of a Prize.
- By entering this Promotion, Eligible Entrants have opted in to receive promotional contact from the Promoter. The personal information provided by each Eligible Entrant in entering this Promotion will be held at Farrimond Limited, Level 3, 18 Stanley St, Auckland 1010, New Zealand in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. The personal information will be stored on a database and may be used only by the Promoter for future promotions by the Promoter and offers via text, mail and e-mail. The Promoter will not sell, disclose or distribute the personal information provided by Eligible Entrants to any person, organisation, or other third party. Eligible Entrants may request access to their information or may request their information be removed from the database by contacting the Promoter on (0800) 505 123.
- To opt out of communications once this Promotion has finished contact the Promoter on (0800) 505 123.
- These Terms and Conditions of Entry are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- For further assistance or queries regarding this Promotion please call the Consumer Information Centre on (0800) 505 123.
- The Promoter is Coca-Cola Amatil (N.Z.) Limited (company number 46860), The Oasis, Mt Wellington, Auckland. Entries should not be sent to this address.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDEMINING.