While the POWERADE Challenge organizers take every reasonable measure to ensure your safety, as a participant of the POWERADE Challenge you are responsible for your own safety and enter at your own risk.
It is important that you read the following safety message in conjunction with your Waiver and Declaration and adhere to each of the safety guidelines of the event:
- The course you will run along consists of public roads.
- These roads are not closed to vehicular traffic. Please treat all roads as OPEN to all traffic at all times.
- Please be aware of vehicles exiting from driveways, business addresses and side streets along the course.
- If you have a medical condition that may require attention please ensure you have your doctors clearance before entering this event.
- Please obey all traffic laws and regulations at all times.
- Some areas of the Christchurch course do not have adequate street lighting, for your safety this course will be closed for running between 7pm and 7am.
POWERADE CHALLENGE Etiquette
In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all participants, competitors should be mindful of race etiquette as follows:
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right.
- Do not stop or change directions suddenly.
- Be courteous to your fellow participants at all times.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all participants and the public, runners should run in single file, or no more than two abreast on the course.